Change in weight (10/13/20 – 10/19/20): -1.0 LBS
Another week and another pound. This makes 4 pounds in 4 weeks. I will take that all day, every day. Or all year!
I am getting back into some strength work (I know… I’ve said that before). My sister and I have been trading texts of when we do them, which is helping to keep me accountable. I have started back up with some strength work 3 days per week. I am doing some circuits. Squats, pushups, planks, and leg raises. I will then repeat this set 3-4 times. My goal is to finally establish some consistency around this and then alter my circuits to different movements.
With this strength work comes my whiny side. I hate pushups. I really hate pushups. I love squats. Give me all the squats to do, but don’t ask me to do pushups… or lunges. I hate pushups so much because I am horrible at them. I guess this means I need to keep working on them to get less horrible. Maybe then I will like them? Doubtful.
I had some good rides this week as well. I did my monthly 30 minute Tabata benchmark and almost PR’ed. That ride is brutal and awesome in all ways but it almost tests your mind more than your body. it truly makes you question if you can do what is being asked. I also took my daughter for an awesome walk in the woods. Nature therapy all the way!
I am spending more and more time thinking about how I should be able to maintain weight loss without all the exercise. I love exercising, but I am continuing to search for the steps to help discipline my eating habits. My wife has tried to support me by helping me to recognize when I am being over the top, but let’s be real… I am not easy to deal with when she does. She doesn’t deserve me acting like a toddler. With that said, the two steps I am taking now are as follows:
1) Put food away after I plate portions.
2) If I want seconds, wait 5 minutes and reassess.
I am hoping these two steps will help me where I struggle.
All in all I am stoked today. I am down 4 pounds in 4 weeks and couldn’t be happier about it. I continue to get stronger, my clothes are looser, and I am happy. I sound like a broken record but my joy is less about my weight and mainly that I am accomplishing my goals. After years of saying I couldn’t, I am proving to myself how I am worthy of pride.
Leave a like or a comment. What do you do to curb your desires to eat? Do you also hate pushups? And lastly, why are you proud of yourself or why SHOULD you be proud of yourself.
How did I do on last weeks action plan?:
- 4 Cardio workouts. 1 45 min ride, 1 HIIT Ride, 1 Low Impact ride, 1 run. Attained
- 2 Strength Sessions (Tues/Sat) Attained
- Plan out my meals, stick to them, and portion snacks. Attained.
- 2 additional outdoor activities. This can include walks with my daughter, disc golfing, skiing, etc. Attained
- 3 dedicated stretch sessions. 2 10-min lower body and 1 10 min full body (Mon/Wed/Fri). Not Attained
- 20-30 minute midday walk on work days. Attained
- Track every bite. Attained
- Drink 10 glasses of water per day. Attained
- Find some quiet time to calm my thoughts and mind. 2 5-10 minute sessions. Attained
- 4 Cardio workouts. 1 45 min ride, 1 HIIT Ride, 1 Low Impact ride, 1 run.
- 2 Strength Sessions (Tues/Sat)
- Plan out my meals, stick to them, and portion snacks
- 2 additional outdoor activities. This can include walks with my daughter, disc golfing, skiing, etc
- 3 dedicated stretch sessions. 2 10-min lower body and 1 10 min full body (Mon/Wed/Fri)
- 20-30 minute midday walk on work days
- Track every bite
- Drink 10 glasses of water per day
- Find some quiet time to calm my thoughts and mind. 2 5-10 minute sessions
Please stay tuned for more updates. If you have been enjoying this, please become an email follower or a wordpress follower. Having this public audience has been a positive motivation for me to continue working towards my goals and so I really am thankful for all of you!
|Date||Change in Weight|
* I first weighed myself on a Sunday night and began the regular weigh-ins the following morning