My change from last week –
Change in weight (3/11/20 –3/16/20): – 3.2 LBS
Things have gotten pretty wild. A friend of mine used the word ‘surreal’ to describe the current state of the word we are living in and I found that to be on point. I find the current state of living with the fear of this Coronavirus to have me unsure. I am unsure of what is the best thing to do (outside of following the advice of medical professionals and officials), unsure of what will happen, and unsure how to think. Because of all of this uncertainty, it has almost helped me hone in on those things that fall within my control, my personal betterment journey. I have actually found some clarity in the past couple days because taking and acting out on the simple steps I am trying to do to get better, is really quite easy compared to everything else.
I definitely got back on track this past week with my intake. I felt like my body just needed a cleanse week so there were a lot more veggies and a lot less quantity. I also really tried to return to ‘If I’m not hungry, don’t eat’. I can get stuck in this mindset that I have to eat at the regular mealtimes even if I am not super hungry. We did have a celebration on Saturday where we had a steak and whiskey tasting and that was probably my biggest indulgence of the week, but I still did not overwhelm my body that day.
I did not hit my exercise goal I set for myself last week. I had hoped for 5 days but I only made 3. I will try to get back on track with that this week and plan on setting the same benchmark again. The peloton rides I did do, were great though. Last night I did a 20 minute HIIT ride followed by a 20 minute low impact ride. That really felt good. I was able to kick my butt for the first half and then just have a low impact sweat session for the second half. I was good this week about simply getting walks in during the day. I know a ‘step count’ is super arbitrary and the goal can be different for everybody, but I can feel a difference when I get that movement in one week versus a week where I don’t. It really helps me feel better and it makes losing weight so much easier. Because walking, despite it being calm, still burns way more calories than sitting behind a desk.
I am working from home for the foreseeable future. As I said above, I am trying to focus on the things I can control, and now I can get a daily workout in during lunch. I am hoping these next few weeks can be a big boost to my goals and my self-esteem. I am feeling super excited right now. I took last weeks gain, nullified it, and lost more. I am at 28.2 total pounds lost and can hit -30 by next week.
How did I do on last weeks action plan:
- 5 workouts. These can include runs, rides, or strength – Not attained. I did 3 rides, but some were 45 minutes
- 3 work walks. – Attained
- 2 additional outdoor activities. This can include walks with my daughter, disc golfing, skiing, etc. – Attained. Went disc golfing on Saturday and a family walk on Sunday
- 3 dedicated stretch sessions. Must be at least 5+ minutes per session. – Not attained. I did 2
- Purchasing no takeout food. Only eat what we acquire at the grocery store for the week. – Attained
- Track every bite. I am good at this, but I need to continue – Attained
- Drink 10 glasses of water per day. – Attained
Action Plan (I removed the purchasing takeout as who knows what the current reality will bring):
- 5 workouts. These can include runs, rides, or strength
- 3 work walks.
- 2 additional outdoor activities. This can include walks with my daughter, disc golfing, skiing, etc.
- 3 dedicated stretch sessions. Must be at least 5+ minutes per session.
- Track every bite.
- Drink 10 glasses of water per day.
Please stay tuned for more updates. If you have been enjoying this, please become an email follower or a wordpress follower. Having this public audience has been a positive motivation for me to continue working towards my goals and so I really am thankful for all of you!
|Date||Change in Weight|