Change in weight (8/25/20 – 8/31/20): -0.2 LBS
Follow my blog and instagram @a_better_ben. Like , follow, and share with a friend!
This week was basically a wash on weight change… but that is okay! I feel like I had an incredible week with so much progress. I will be focussing on activity because the strength of my week was my own strength.
I did 4 rides this week and a run (and many walks intermingled). I wanted to prove to myself that my mind is getting stronger. I also wanted to see how much stronger my body is getting. I wanted to remind myself of the power of my determination. I did and I am.
I did a run for the first time in about 10 days. The frequency of these has slowed down because, despite my weight loss, the impact as I run farther and faster is becoming more noticeable on my right ankle, which is for some reason gets easily angered. I do not want to push it and hurt myself. With that said, I had the best run I have had this year. I crushed my intervals and I successfully pushed through a mental block that caused me to really want to stop halfway through. I found myself muttering “You got this, Ben” and I did. That is the mental strength and grit that I am trying to grow. I felt like a million bucks after the run and texted my wife immediately to share my feelings.
I also started doing more long rides this week. I did 3 – 60 minute rides and 1 – 45 minute ride. I have started doing this because I can own a 20 minute HIIT or a 30 minute ride, but I want to see some true personal progress on my endurance and stamina. It takes a different type of strength to maintain an output for these longer times. I want to break through these mental barriers and see more of my potential! And also train my butt to handle that long on a bike. Ha.
Even though my workouts can push me, I can burn a ton of calories, and I can PR, they still may not be pushing me out of my comfort zone. And extending beyond my comfort zone is where I can find real growth. I felt like I found that growth this week and it felt amazing.
I plan to continue working on longer rides. One of my favorite instructors leads numerous 60 minute climb rides. I would like to make those a central part of my fitness routine.
Finding those things that make you feel accomplished are so important. I could be upset that I didn’t lose 1-3 pounds this week. But I am not because I know that I am still moving forward. You cannot stay the same when you are moving forward.
Leave a like or a comment. What pushes you out of your comfort zone? Do you find that you tunnel vision on one goal and ignore other victories?
If you know anybody who you think might benefit from reading my blog, please share it with them. I would love to reach more people because the success I am currently experiencing comes after years of struggle and frustration that I know many others face. If I can help myself through this, wonderful. If I can help others, even better! I am here to cheer on your effort and work, to whatever goal you are aspiring towards.
How did I do on last weeks action plan?:
- 5 Cardio workouts. 1 45 min ride, 1 HIIT Ride, 1 Low Impact ride, 1 run. Attained
- 2 Strength Sessions (Tues/Sat) Not attained
- Plan out my meals, stick to them, and portion snacks. Attained.
- 2 additional outdoor activities. This can include walks with my daughter, disc golfing, skiing, etc. Attained
- 3 dedicated stretch sessions. 2 10-min lower body and 1 10 min full body (Mon/Wed/Fri). Attained
- 20-30 minute midday walk on work days. Attained
- Track every bite. Attained
- Drink 10 glasses of water per day. Attained
- Find some quiet time to calm my thoughts and mind. 2 5-10 minute sessions. Not Attained
- 5 Cardio workouts. 1 45 min ride, 1 HIIT Ride, 1 Low Impact ride, 1 misc ride, 1 run.
- 2 Strength Sessions (Tues/Sat)
- Plan out my meals, stick to them, and portion snacks
- 2 additional outdoor activities. This can include walks with my daughter, disc golfing, skiing, etc
- 3 dedicated stretch sessions. 2 10-min lower body and 1 10 min full body (Mon/Wed/Fri)
- 20-30 minute midday walk on work days
- Track every bite
- Drink 10 glasses of water per day
- Find some quiet time to calm my thoughts and mind. 2 5-10 minute sessions
Please stay tuned for more updates. If you have been enjoying this, please become an email follower or a wordpress follower. Having this public audience has been a positive motivation for me to continue working towards my goals and so I really am thankful for all of you!
|Date||Change in Weight|
* I first weighed myself on a Sunday night and began the regular weigh-ins the following morning