Change in weight (11/24/20 – 11/30/20): +0.2 LBS
Last week I discussed the build up to Thanksgiving in my post. This time last year I was going through some things. I was the largest I have ever been, I had some of the lowest self esteem I have ever had, and I was in a rough place. With all the work over the past year, both mentally and physically, I wanted to close out my first year, over the holiday, with the joy and pride I have felt for some time now. I set out the following goals for myself for the Thanksgiving week:
1)Set realistic expectations:
2)Limit the excess
3)Get my movement in where I can.
4)Above all, enjoy the time I am lucky enough to spend with those I love
I had hoped to maintain a steady week. I wanted to stick as close to my routine, but not sacrifice enjoying this time. I feel I succeeded. I gained .2 pounds, which can swing one way or another depending on many factors. But more than that, I held to my goals for activity. We got outside, took walks, got some hiking in, raked the yard, and just spent time being out and about. This was awesome.
On top of that, I enjoyed myself. I never wanted this betterment plan to sacrifice my ability to live life in ways that are fun. I still ate dessert and had some cocktails. I enjoyed my butter-filled potatoes and had the stuffing. I lived and I had fun. I shared joy and felt joy. I succeeded this week.
I want to reflect on one other aspect of this thanksgiving. I was unable to see any of my family for this holiday. This was tough, but I understand the reasons. I don’t blame my governor or anybody else. My role as a patriotic American is to do my part in helping the greater good for this country. Part of that is trying to keep those around me safe. My conscious is clear.
Not being able to see my side of the family actually contributed to my feeling thankful. I am thankful that I still could see them, had circumstances been different. I am thankful that I can call or facetime them, and get a little closer to that feeling. I am so darn lucky to have them at the other end of a phone or email, when not all can say the same. I am also lucky that we will see each other again, when it is safest and smartest.
I try to remember the good. I try not to dwell on the bad. I am drawing close to year 1 of a betterment journey. One that sees me trying to better all facets of my life. So far it is working. I am healthier, happier, and appreciate more all that I have. Stay tuned later this week for my 12 month recap. I am so thrilled that I can say I have been doing better every day for a whole year. Wow.
Leave a like or a comment. How did your thanksgiving work out? We are you able to get some movement in around the turkey?
How did I do on last weeks action plan?:
- 5 Cardio workouts. 1 45 min ride, 1 HIIT Ride, 1 Low Impact ride, 1 run. Attained
- 2 Strength Sessions (Tues/Sat) Attained
- Plan out my meals, stick to them, and portion snacks. Attained.
- 2 additional outdoor activities. This can include walks with my daughter, disc golfing, skiing, etc. Attained
- 3 dedicated stretch sessions. 2 10-min lower body and 1 10 min full body (Mon/Wed/Fri). Not Attained
- 20-30 minute midday walk on work days. Attained
- Track every bite. Not Attained
- Drink 10 glasses of water per day. Attained
- Find some quiet time to calm my thoughts and mind. 2 5-10 minute sessions. Not Attained
- 5 Cardio workouts. 1 45 min ride, 1 HIIT Ride, 1 Low Impact ride, 1 misc ride, 1 run.
- 2 Strength Sessions (Tues/Sat)
- Plan out my meals, stick to them, and portion snacks
- 2 additional outdoor activities. This can include walks with my daughter, disc golfing, skiing, etc
- 3 dedicated stretch sessions. 2 10-min lower body and 1 10 min full body (Mon/Wed/Fri)
- 20-30 minute midday walk on work days
- Track every bite
- Drink 10 glasses of water per day
- Find some quiet time to calm my thoughts and mind. 2 5-10 minute sessions
Please stay tuned for more updates. If you have been enjoying this, please become an email follower or a wordpress follower. Having this public audience has been a positive motivation for me to continue working towards my goals and so I really am thankful for all of you!
|Date||Change in Weight|
* I first weighed myself on a Sunday night and began the regular weigh-ins the following morning