Change in weight (10/6/20 – 10/12/20): -1.0 LBS
I ate myself to true pain and uncomfort on Saturday. This week, with a pound lost, does not feel deserved, but I will take it. Saturday was a celebration with a barbecue spread, and although I didn’t pile on my plate, I couldn’t finish. I went to take one more bite of the pulled pork sandwich and my wife just goes, “Ben! Stop”. This is after I had repeatedly noted that I was full and I ate too much. I hit the appetizers too hard. Grazing. That is the word to describe my Achilles’ heal.
Despite the months of success, despite the change in my lifestyle, and despite the fact that I really live a healthier life, I still struggle. I think that is why they call it a journey. It never really ends. The scenery gets better, the feeling of accomplishment can be there, but we are always on a journey to be the best versions of ourselves we can be. You don’t just roll up and put your feet up.
I know I have written about my periodic inability to control my eating. What I can say is I am making progress, even though it doesn’t always feel that way. I am controlling myself more than I ever have before. I successfully avoid the situations that make it difficult for me more and I have gotten better during those situations. That does not excuse my disregard for myself on Saturday, but I cannot count it as a failure, when I am on a long term journey. I did, I learned, I will continue on.
This week was not the easiest. I was tired and lethargic. I still got a bunch of workouts in, but none felt very explosive or noteworthy. I had a tired week. Sometimes we have tired weeks. I hope this coming week will turn around a little. I miss the spunk and jolt I get from a good workout.
I will be putting an extra push towards some strength workouts. I have been talking with my sister who is reminding me of their importance and I am going to let that accountability drive me.
Despite it all, I am down another pound and am happy. I continue on, slow and steady. I should exceed 50 pounds lost in October and that will feel so good.
Leave a like or a comment. Do you ever feel guilty for having a tired week?
How did I do on last weeks action plan?:
- 5 Cardio workouts. 1 45 min ride, 1 HIIT Ride, 1 Low Impact ride, 1 run. Attained
- 2 Strength Sessions (Tues/Sat) Not attained
- Plan out my meals, stick to them, and portion snacks. Partially Attained.
- 2 additional outdoor activities. This can include walks with my daughter, disc golfing, skiing, etc. Attained
- 3 dedicated stretch sessions. 2 10-min lower body and 1 10 min full body (Mon/Wed/Fri). Not Attained
- 20-30 minute midday walk on work days. Attained
- Track every bite. Attained
- Drink 10 glasses of water per day. Attained
- Find some quiet time to calm my thoughts and mind. 2 5-10 minute sessions. Attained
- 5 Cardio workouts. 1 45 min ride, 1 HIIT Ride, 1 Low Impact ride, 1 misc ride, 1 run.
- 2 Strength Sessions (Tues/Sat)
- Plan out my meals, stick to them, and portion snacks
- 2 additional outdoor activities. This can include walks with my daughter, disc golfing, skiing, etc
- 3 dedicated stretch sessions. 2 10-min lower body and 1 10 min full body (Mon/Wed/Fri)
- 20-30 minute midday walk on work days
- Track every bite
- Drink 10 glasses of water per day
- Find some quiet time to calm my thoughts and mind. 2 5-10 minute sessions
Please stay tuned for more updates. If you have been enjoying this, please become an email follower or a wordpress follower. Having this public audience has been a positive motivation for me to continue working towards my goals and so I really am thankful for all of you!
|Date||Change in Weight|
* I first weighed myself on a Sunday night and began the regular weigh-ins the following morning