Change in weight (12/22/20 – 12/28/20): +0.8 LBS
I am frustrated today. I am giving myself grace and patience with the holidays, but I feel that I have not been giving my betterment journey my best effort, and that is why I am struggling.
It is not all bad, I again had an incredible 60 minute climb ride with Christine on the Peloton and PR’ed. There are many coaches on that platform that I love for various reasons. Some make me laugh, some push me silly hard, others make me feel like I deserve to be on the bike, but most of all, Christine makes me feel strong. Her style allows me to push myself, rather than requiring to be pushed. I PR more rides with her than any other coach and I just feel strong as hell after them. Her style reminds me that I am still making damn good gains even when I struggle or find myself frustrated in other areas.
For months I have included this action plan below. But I have not actually used it for months. I have not really put the mental discipline into my betterment journey that I did at the start. So I am going to begin again and be smart about my plans. I am going to be realistic and inclusive of more aspects of my life.
This past week I put in good effort for 4 days. 4 days is not enough to overcome 3 days of letting go. I had fun, but I was not mindful. I wanted to let go a little, but continue to be mindful of what I was doing. Because of all of this, below I am doing my review of my week and I am starting a new plan for next week. My hope is to check those off and get all my little victories next time I discuss this.
Later this week I will be posting about New Years Resolutions. I hope to talk to y’all about continuing resolutions and making S.M.A.R.T. plans.
Leave a like or a comment. Do you every need to switch up your plan?
How did I do on last weeks action plan?:
- 5 Cardio workouts. 1 45 min ride, 1 HIIT Ride, 1 Low Impact ride, 1 run. Not Attained
- 2 Strength Sessions (Tues/Sat) Not Attained
- Plan out my meals, stick to them, and portion snacks. 2400 Calories per day, max. Not Attained.
- 2 additional outdoor activities. This can include walks with my daughter, disc golfing, skiing, etc. Attained
- 3 dedicated stretch sessions. 2 10-min lower body and 1 10 min full body (Mon/Wed/Fri). Not Attained
- 20-30 minute midday walk on work days. Partially Attained
- Track every bite. Not Attained
- Drink 10 glasses of water per day. Attained
- Find some quiet time to calm my thoughts and mind. 2 5-10 minute sessions. Attained
-Every day goals:
1.Drink 10 cups of water
2.Track every bite
3.No takeout accept for New Years Day dinner
4.20 Body weight squats
|Walk||Woods Hike||Walk||No Walk||No Walk||Walk||Walk|
|30 Min Ride||30 Min Cool down Ride||45 min ride||Strength||Stretch (long)||30 Min Ride||30 min ride|
|Meal Plan||Meal plan||Meal Plan||Larger dinner(NYE)||Takeout||Meal Plan||Meal Plan|
Please stay tuned for more updates. If you have been enjoying this, please become an email follower or a wordpress follower. Having this public audience has been a positive motivation for me to continue working towards my goals and so I really am thankful for all of you!
|Date||Change in Weight|
* I first weighed myself on a Sunday night and began the regular weigh-ins the following morning