Change in weight (6/16/20 –6/22/20): +0.8 LBS
I experienced a pretty special thing after my last blog post, I got a lot of feedback. It was not online but through personal reach-outs and it was people checking to make sure I was okay. That was really something.
I talked about being angry and frustrated. I was maybe a bit more honest than I normally am. I am trying to tow this balance between being real and honest with you, but not to cross a line. In hindsight, I may have flirted with that line and did not make it clear I was expressing feelings, but am okay. But the outcome of that last post was awesome. It helped remind me of the loved ones in my life who may have read into it deeper than I meant. It made me realize that there are those who don’t just look, but also think. They think about what I say and how that my words compare to the Ben they know. That really shows how much people care even when you just are stuck in your own head. It provided a lot of comfort and really turned my mood around for the week.
I had a good week!
Sometimes all we need is a reminder that there are those who care about us. Sometimes we need a reminder that those who care for us, pay attention to us. I would encourage us all to make sure we let those we care for know we pay attention and want to know how they are. Especially today with all going on, let someone know they are known.
As you can see I gained back my progress from the week prior. I had an up and down week and am a bit frustrated by this result, but I know what I need to do to get back. The 300 pound goal by July 4th I set a few weeks ago may seem unattainable, if keeping with a sustainable pace, but I want to get as close as I can. It is worth noting that my workouts continue to improve. My interval run trainings are getting better, I have PR’d numerous peloton rides recently, and I am feeling stronger. I will not let this hiccup of a week distract me from the fact that I am still improving.
Father’s day weekend brought much fun, family, laughter, and food. This was a part of the week I knew was coming, but did not adjust my full week’s intake to account for the over-indulgences that happened. Despite this, I feel it is worth taking a moment to share some feelings and thankfulness that the weekend showed me. I am thankful that I have the privilege of being a dad. I am thankful for my dad, his dad, and the dads around me for helping to mold me into the father I am. I am not without fault, but am full of a desire to be better. It still feels weird that father’s day applies to me now. I still do not feel ‘adult’ enough, but here we are. I am humbled. I wish a late happy father’s day to all the dads out there. If you have a child or act as a father figure to somebody, you are deserving of praise. It is not easy, but still you do it.
Do you need to check in with anybody? How are you doing with your goals right now? Anything worth noting that you are thankful for?
If you know anybody who you think might benefit from reading my blog, please share it with them. I would love to reach more people because the success I am currently experiencing comes after years of struggle and frustration that I know many others face. If I can help myself through this, wonderful. If I can help others, even better! I am here to cheer on your effort and work, to whatever goal you are aspiring towards.
Please leave a like or a comment!
How did I do on last weeks action plan?:
- 5 Cardio workouts. 1 45 min ride, 1 HIIT Ride, 1 Low Impact ride, 2 runs. Partially attained. 4 rides and 1 run
- 2 Strength Sessions (Tues/Sat) Partially Attained. 1 Session
- Plan out my meals, stick to them, and portion snacks. Partially Attained.
- 2 additional outdoor activities. This can include walks with my daughter, disc golfing, skiing, etc. Attained
- 3 dedicated stretch sessions. 2 10-min lower body and 1 10 min full body (Mon/Wed/Fri). Attained
- 20-30 minute midday walk on work days. Not Attained
- Track every bite. Attained
- Drink 10 glasses of water per day. Attained
- Find some quiet time to calm my thoughts and mind. 2 5-10 minute sessions. Attained
- 5 Cardio workouts. 1 45 min ride, 1 HIIT Ride, 1 Low Impact ride, 2 runs.
- 2 Strength Sessions (Tues/Sat)
- Plan out my meals, stick to them, and portion snacks
- 2 additional outdoor activities. This can include walks with my daughter, disc golfing, skiing, etc
- 3 dedicated stretch sessions. 2 10-min lower body and 1 10 min full body (Mon/Wed/Fri)
- 20-30 minute midday walk on work days
- Track every bite
- Drink 10 glasses of water per day
- Find some quiet time to calm my thoughts and mind. 2 5-10 minute sessions
Please stay tuned for more updates. If you have been enjoying this, please become an email follower or a wordpress follower. Having this public audience has been a positive motivation for me to continue working towards my goals and so I really am thankful for all of you!
|Date||Change in Weight|
* I first weighed myself on a Sunday night and began the regular weigh-ins the following morning