Change in weight (7/7/20 – 7/13/20): +2.4 LBS
Still trying to build those followers! Follow my blog and instagram @a_better_ben.
So with one simple week I have erased the gains of my previous week. I lost it and then found it again. This damn weight… I am feeling all of the feelings right now. I am about to launch into a long discussion of staying the course and keeping with your goals. This is more for me to remind myself than anything as I know I have written it to you all many times already.
Too often we can feel like we have made progress and then with the flip of a switch, surprise! It can feel like we were living a dream and what we experienced was never “real”. That is how I felt getting off the scale this morning. I straight up said “What the f***…” What’s the point of doing 5 days of bike rides, a super good hike, and a bunch of walks? Why do I try so hard if my body is just going to give me the finger and say “Better luck next time”?
What I need to remember is that this was a snapshot. One moment in time on the Monday morning after a week of choices. This was my body waking up after 7 days of decisions. Not only decisions to work out, but decisions on what I should eat, how will I take care of myself, and what words will I tell myself. When I take control of my prior actions, I can take control of my future actions. My body was not taking my effort and throwing it away to give me the finger, my body was responding to the care with which I gave it. And I did not take care of myself this past week. I was lazy, didn’t want to cook, and just wanted to eat. Mindless eating, thoughtless eating, eating with no plan. There was, again, too much takeout because I have been tired and sick of cooking. Every dish makes me cringe. I don’t want anything, but would rather have something meh delivered to me than take the time to cook something meh.
I know exactly why I gained weight this week. I do not want to admit it, but I do. I was not committed to my intake and I am living the consequences of that. What I am also realizing more and more is I am upping my exercise to allow more eating. This is also contributing to me being tired all the time. I’m eating food which steals energy and motivation and when I do work out, I tire myself more.
The 300 pound mark has been elusive. With my 2.4 lbs lost last Monday, I felt in striking distance with only 3 pounds to go. Today, I feel lots of feelings and none are that I am within reach of that threshold. I need to button down and focus on my intake. I say that every damn week and I need to stop lying to myself and actually do it. The first step I’ve taken is to plan out 2-3 weeks of meals. I need to spend the time getting them prepped so that I do not give myself the opportunity to skip out on cooking. Now that there is a real sturdy meal plan, with some guilty pleasures built in (because I need to be real and smart), I can eye the prize.
I will continue with my workout plan, but I need to recognize that I should put as much time into meal prepping and investing in that side of my health as I do with working out. I will continue to stay the course. It has been successful so far, and I need to remember that this is just a bump in the long path to a better ben.
Tell me I can do this. Any tips for when you are sick of everything cooking and food related? Somebody let me know I’m not alone in this one.
If you know anybody who you think might benefit from reading my blog, please share it with them. I would love to reach more people because the success I am currently experiencing comes after years of struggle and frustration that I know many others face. If I can help myself through this, wonderful. If I can help others, even better! I am here to cheer on your effort and work, to whatever goal you are aspiring towards.
Please leave a like or a comment!
How did I do on last weeks action plan?:
- 5 Cardio workouts. 1 45 min ride, 1 HIIT Ride, 1 Low Impact ride, 2 runs. Attained
- 2 Strength Sessions (Tues/Sat) Not attained
- Plan out my meals, stick to them, and portion snacks. Not Attained.
- 2 additional outdoor activities. This can include walks with my daughter, disc golfing, skiing, etc. Attained
- 3 dedicated stretch sessions. 2 10-min lower body and 1 10 min full body (Mon/Wed/Fri). Not Attained
- 20-30 minute midday walk on work days. Attained
- Track every bite. Attained
- Drink 10 glasses of water per day. Attained
- Find some quiet time to calm my thoughts and mind. 2 5-10 minute sessions. Attained
- 5 Cardio workouts. 1 45 min ride, 1 HIIT Ride, 1 Low Impact ride, 1 misc ride, 1 run.
- 2 Strength Sessions (Tues/Sat)
- Plan out my meals, stick to them, and portion snacks
- 2 additional outdoor activities. This can include walks with my daughter, disc golfing, skiing, etc
- 3 dedicated stretch sessions. 2 10-min lower body and 1 10 min full body (Mon/Wed/Fri)
- 20-30 minute midday walk on work days
- Track every bite
- Drink 10 glasses of water per day
- Find some quiet time to calm my thoughts and mind. 2 5-10 minute sessions
Please stay tuned for more updates. If you have been enjoying this, please become an email follower or a wordpress follower. Having this public audience has been a positive motivation for me to continue working towards my goals and so I really am thankful for all of you!
|Date||Change in Weight|
* I first weighed myself on a Sunday night and began the regular weigh-ins the following morning