Change in weight (9/8/20 – 9/14/20): -1.4 LBS
I am sorry I missed my routine Friday post, it was quite the busy week, but also a successful week.
45.6. I have now lost 45.6 pounds. My workouts feel inspired and my intake has been getting more and more disciplined. I say this every week, but I feel more confident, not because of the weight loss, but because of my discipline and my own mind recognizing my abilities. My good feelings and weight loss are both products of my success. My success is my commitment to me.
So what happened this week? Well I worked out a little, ate a little, and went through some clothes while doing a deep clean in the house.
Let’s start with my closet. I started by going through all of my dress shirts. I have not worn the majority of them in months. In a nutshell, I am donating 5 shirts because they are way too big on me! Hurray! Even better, some of my old shirts, which had not fit or had not fit well are now perfect or a little big. I am hesitant to do a full purge because things are constantly changing, but this felt great.
I put an outfit on. I put a dress outfit on including new Bonobos pants that I got on clearance a waist size down. I put on one of my favorite shirts, some fun socks, and my favorite dress shoes. I looked damn good. But it is not really the weight loss that I feel makes me look so good. I feel it is the look in my eyes, the stature of my posture, and the mentality that comes through such things. I looked good because I am so damn proud of myself. I looked so good because I always have, and I am unlocking my own power and pride to let it show like it hasn’t before. Maybe if y’all are lucky, I’ll post a picture soon. 😜
This week I did 2-45 min rides, 3-30 min rides, and a run. It’s funny, I didn’t realize my week was as active as it was until I just looked at my exercise app. I also hit 300 rides on my Peloton. This was big for me because when we got it, I was not sure how I would like it, and now I am averaging over 25 days per month on it. You use what you have to your advantage.
My run was also a pride booster. I have been using an app to get back into it. I do not want to hurt myself, and despite my weight loss success, I am a big body to run on. So this run moved from having 2-10 minute run segments to 1-20 minute segment. This has been scaring me for around 3 weeks. Over the past few weeks I kept replaying the prior runs as the 20 minute segment had me all nervous. Well I did it! Not only did I do it, but I could have kept going. It ended up being 1.8ish miles in that 20 minutes. I know I could hit 2 miles straight now. This is as far as I have ever been able to run.
All this discipline and commitment to my body. The long journey of slow and steady is starting to reap more tangible and more exciting results. I have a feeling it is going to continue to get better.
As always, my exercise did not lead my week to success, but my discipline with eating and nutrition did. I am constantly working on the limiting of my portions. I fail during periodic meals, but I am also getting better about internalizing that awareness. I had a good week with that and will continue to work harder. I need to eat slower and appreciate each bit more.
Talk to you soon.
Leave a like or a comment. How is your closet? Does it need a work from home checkin?
How did I do on last weeks action plan?:
- 5 Cardio workouts. 1 45 min ride, 1 HIIT Ride, 1 Low Impact ride, 1 run. Attained
- 2 Strength Sessions (Tues/Sat) Not attained
- Plan out my meals, stick to them, and portion snacks. Attained.
- 2 additional outdoor activities. This can include walks with my daughter, disc golfing, skiing, etc. Attained
- 3 dedicated stretch sessions. 2 10-min lower body and 1 10 min full body (Mon/Wed/Fri). Attained
- 20-30 minute midday walk on work days. Attained
- Track every bite. Attained
- Drink 10 glasses of water per day. Attained
- Find some quiet time to calm my thoughts and mind. 2 5-10 minute sessions. Attained
- 5 Cardio workouts. 1 45 min ride, 1 HIIT Ride, 1 Low Impact ride, 1 misc ride, 1 run.
- 2 Strength Sessions (Tues/Sat)
- Plan out my meals, stick to them, and portion snacks
- 2 additional outdoor activities. This can include walks with my daughter, disc golfing, skiing, etc
- 3 dedicated stretch sessions. 2 10-min lower body and 1 10 min full body (Mon/Wed/Fri)
- 20-30 minute midday walk on work days
- Track every bite
- Drink 10 glasses of water per day
- Find some quiet time to calm my thoughts and mind. 2 5-10 minute sessions
Please stay tuned for more updates. If you have been enjoying this, please become an email follower or a wordpress follower. Having this public audience has been a positive motivation for me to continue working towards my goals and so I really am thankful for all of you!
|Date||Change in Weight|
* I first weighed myself on a Sunday night and began the regular weigh-ins the following morning
2 thoughts on “going through the closet and weekly reflections: 9/8 – 9/14”
You wouldn’t believe how many dresses in my closet that I can’t fit in. I always buy size down clothes, basically for next year to wear, just to motivate myself. Sometimes it works~
Good job, Ben!!👏🏻
LikeLiked by 1 person
I absolutely get that! I put a shirt on that has not fit in over 4 years. I kept it as ‘motivation’.
The problem is they never really motivated me and it took other things to motivate me…. but I’m glad I have them now!!!!!