Change in weight (11/9/20 – 11/16/20): -1.8 LBS
I have not been the most responsible adult over the past few years. It had been over 3 years since I last saw my primary care provider, but I finally went back on Friday.
Doctors have always been difficult for me because it is always the same thing. You are overweight. You have high blood pressure. Even with those, the docs often commented on how healthy I was outside of those two drawbacks and that seemed to make it worse. I do not want to be overweight and have high blood pressure. I want to be healthIER. I also was never satisfied with myself in those appointments. Friday was the first time I was proud to go to the doctors. To step on the scale and show a weight under 300, which hasn’t happened in a decade, felt so good. To explain what I have done and where I am going, felt so good.
I am still overweight and still have high blood pressure. So what changed. Sure the weight changed. But I like myself now for who I am, less in body, but in everything else. I am a person of action, grit, and determination. Even though I still need to get healthier, I am confident in myself that I will continue getting there.
Good things came out of the appointment. I feel better, got stuck with a bunch of needles, and am satisfied that I have taken yet another step to ensure that I am investing in me.
This past week.
This past week saw me hitting my goals more than the week prior. I had some great rides, a PR on a 45 minute ride, and some good walks. On top of that, we planned some good meals that were easy to keep to. This all added up to a good bounce back week. I almost lost what I gained the week prior. Boom!
My sister also visited (she got tested and was clear). The family time was medicine for the soul. We took my daughter for a walk in the woods. I should say, my daughter took us for a walk in the woods. There was a campfire, delicious food, and lots of laughs. I think that simply laughing would make this past week a success. With everything going on, we need to find ways to laugh.
Finally, I think I did the last lawn mow of the year. The yard looks fantastic, and with the heavy frost we got yesterday morning, I don’t think the grass will grow much more. I am ready for winter, ready for snow, and ready to feel that brisk air on my face with my early morning runs and walks. I am that odd person who thrives off of winter weather.
I am currently working on two new posts to come in the next few weeks. One is one some important questions to ask when you attempt a weight loss journey and the other is the relationship between body positivity and weight loss. Stay tuned!
Leave a like or a comment. Do you need to laugh? What helps you laugh when you really need it?
How did I do on last weeks action plan?:
- 5 Cardio workouts. 1 45 min ride, 1 HIIT Ride, 1 Low Impact ride, 1 run. Attained
- 2 Strength Sessions (Tues/Sat) Attained
- Plan out my meals, stick to them, and portion snacks. Attained.
- 2 additional outdoor activities. This can include walks with my daughter, disc golfing, skiing, etc. Attained
- 3 dedicated stretch sessions. 2 10-min lower body and 1 10 min full body (Mon/Wed/Fri). Not Attained
- 20-30 minute midday walk on work days. Attained
- Track every bite. Not Attained
- Drink 10 glasses of water per day. Attained
- Find some quiet time to calm my thoughts and mind. 2 5-10 minute sessions. Not Attained
- 5 Cardio workouts. 1 45 min ride, 1 HIIT Ride, 1 Low Impact ride, 1 misc ride, 1 run.
- 2 Strength Sessions (Tues/Sat)
- Plan out my meals, stick to them, and portion snacks
- 2 additional outdoor activities. This can include walks with my daughter, disc golfing, skiing, etc
- 3 dedicated stretch sessions. 2 10-min lower body and 1 10 min full body (Mon/Wed/Fri)
- 20-30 minute midday walk on work days
- Track every bite
- Drink 10 glasses of water per day
- Find some quiet time to calm my thoughts and mind. 2 5-10 minute sessions
Please stay tuned for more updates. If you have been enjoying this, please become an email follower or a wordpress follower. Having this public audience has been a positive motivation for me to continue working towards my goals and so I really am thankful for all of you!
|Date||Change in Weight|
* I first weighed myself on a Sunday night and began the regular weigh-ins the following morning