Change in weight (8/11/20 – 8/17/20): -1.4 LBS
Still trying to build those followers! Follow my blog and instagram @a_better_ben. Like , follow, and share with a friend!
This morning the scale registered 301.2. I am 1.2 pounds away from that elusive number that has been beyond me for a very long time. I dropped 1.4 this week and I am stoked about that. 42 total since December 1. Low and slow. Low and slow. I keep trying to remember that mantra. I still wish to see that 3-5 pounds lost in a week, but I also know that my sustainable path does not need that. It needs incremental progress. Well, here is some incremental progress!
Let’s talk about community and how this plays into our efforts and goals. It shouldn’t be any surprise that we need to surround us with the voices that will build us up and push us towards better versions of ourselves. If that is the case, we should be limiting those voices and influences that keep us where we are or hold us back. Right? When thinking about the community we surround ourselves with, I have a few questions I ask myself. Do they have similar goals to me? Do they want me to succeed at my goals? Are our interests complementary or do they compete?
Understanding those voices we surround ourselves with is nuanced and I am not saying those questions are the only things to consider. This just gives a glimpse as to how I try to go about this. In addition to my family and friend circle, I also use social media to find those people working hard to do better. Instagram has been one of those places. I have found some incredible inspiration from people who know how to work. These people know their value, and know what they deserve. They deserve the best and are giving it their best. That is how I want to be. I want to be a person who knows my value, my potential, and will invest all in reaching that potential. Step into our knowledge and confidence.
A sample of the instagram tags I follow are below. These folks are Peloton instructors who’s words hit home, they are people kicking ass and working hard, and they are people who understand balance and how to holistically take care of yourself. Whatever their background or what they offer, these are some of the first ones who have really shown my motivation for my betterment journey.
I am lucky enough to have a great community of people around me and have found a number of others to look up to. I know each week, regardless of where I fall against my goals, that I can keep on because I know my power and I have all these others to remind me of what I can do.
This weeks recap:
I have been snacking a little too much recently. What am I failing with? Peanut butter. Yes, you read that correctly. I. Love. Peanut butter. It is less during the day, but I had a few nights where I woke up more often than usual and I ended up having a scoop at God only knows what hour. Night time eating was a big problem for me years ago and only lately has it come back. I need to lock this in because peanut butter calories add up real quick!
Outside of that snacking, I did well this week. We had some family over on Friday and grilled pizza. I planned to allow myself some indulgence for this meal, and I tracked the rest of my week to make it work pretty well. The Calories in/Calories out method works well for me when I am disciplined about tracking everything.
I had some great rides this week including 2-45 minute rides. I PR’ed a 45 min HIIT and Hills ride and my legs were shaking after it! It felt so good. I have also worked to do more strength work. I got a strength session in and have incorporated simple dumbbell exercises to do at my desk for my upper body. I am feeling better and stronger every day! I have also been doing better about getting my walks in. Walks are the best!
Anyway, have a great week everybody! Get up and motivate your Monday!
Leave a like or a comment. Where do you find help and motivation when you need it? Could you use to surround yourself with certain voices more than others?
If you know anybody who you think might benefit from reading my blog, please share it with them. I would love to reach more people because the success I am currently experiencing comes after years of struggle and frustration that I know many others face. If I can help myself through this, wonderful. If I can help others, even better! I am here to cheer on your effort and work, to whatever goal you are aspiring towards.
Please leave a like or a comment!
How did I do on last weeks action plan?:
- 5 Cardio workouts. 1 45 min ride, 1 HIIT Ride, 1 Low Impact ride, 1 run. Attained
- 2 Strength Sessions (Tues/Sat) Partially attained
- Plan out my meals, stick to them, and portion snacks. Attained.
- 2 additional outdoor activities. This can include walks with my daughter, disc golfing, skiing, etc. Attained
- 3 dedicated stretch sessions. 2 10-min lower body and 1 10 min full body (Mon/Wed/Fri). Not Attained
- 20-30 minute midday walk on work days. Attained
- Track every bite. Attained
- Drink 10 glasses of water per day. Attained
- Find some quiet time to calm my thoughts and mind. 2 5-10 minute sessions. Attained
- 5 Cardio workouts. 1 45 min ride, 1 HIIT Ride, 1 Low Impact ride, 1 misc ride, 1 run.
- 2 Strength Sessions (Tues/Sat)
- Plan out my meals, stick to them, and portion snacks
- 2 additional outdoor activities. This can include walks with my daughter, disc golfing, skiing, etc
- 3 dedicated stretch sessions. 2 10-min lower body and 1 10 min full body (Mon/Wed/Fri)
- 20-30 minute midday walk on work days
- Track every bite
- Drink 10 glasses of water per day
- Find some quiet time to calm my thoughts and mind. 2 5-10 minute sessions
Please stay tuned for more updates. If you have been enjoying this, please become an email follower or a wordpress follower. Having this public audience has been a positive motivation for me to continue working towards my goals and so I really am thankful for all of you!
|Date||Change in Weight|
* I first weighed myself on a Sunday night and began the regular weigh-ins the following morning